- The monthly average time a person spends on social networking has more than doubled between 2006 and 2011 – from 2.7 hours to 6.9 hours.
- Most television viewers multitask while watching TV: 61 percent of viewers surf information online while watching TV; 29 percent reported using Facebook while in front of the TV.
- Males and baby boomers are the fastest growing segments of the population of social networking users – growing more than 9 percent between July 2010 and October 2011.
- Facebook tops social media communities as the most visited site: On average Facebook users spend 6.75 hours on the site each month – twice the amount of time spent on Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, and GooglePlus combined.
- More than half of Americans now have a social-networking profile – American social media profiles increased from 24 percent in 2008 to 56 percent in 2012.
How is your company using social media marketing to increase customer engagement? As a creative advertising firm, JASE Group can assist your brand with developing results-driven advertising campaigns. Contact us to launch your next campaign.
image credit: stonysteiner on Flickr