Blog? What? Me? Why?The age-old question - okay, maybe not age-old, but Internet 2.0 age-old - "Why should I blog?" is one we hear all the time. True that blogging is not for everyone but it's a great way for people and organizations to obtain a presence in the online world. Blogging is a great way to be heard, to spread your message and to find out information fast.
Here are a few reasons why people blog:
- To share thoughts about a particular topic such as a product you're interested in or an experience you had.
- To communicate your satisfaction or frustration with a product or company.
- To drive traffic to your other web properties. SEO!
- To earn money through advertising and sponsorships.
- To obtain links from other sites and blogs pointing to your blog. SEO!
- To add valuable content to your web presence.
Here are a few reasons why organizations blog:
- To interact with clients and potential clients.
- To build your 'verifiable' authority on specialty topics.
- To announce the launch of a new project.
- To build brand awareness.
- To address reputation management issues (we can talk at length about the increased value of blogging to handle and manage(!) negative press).
- To build trust and alliances with other organizations.
- To provide almost real-time feedback about strategies, products and future initiatives.
- To generate a viral buzz about a product or topic.
Image credit: antigone78
On Twitter? Follow us at @JASEgroup.