One of the best aspects of social media marketing is the ability to have a conversation with your consumers. Efforts to create a successful social media marketing strategy require engagement with your consumers. It’s in the best interest of your business to engage with your customers as they will not hesitate to use their personal social media pages to discuss issues with your business.
While there are many tricks to creating and implementing a successful social media marketing campaign one of the best is responding to your customers. Mashable recently produced a list of tips to help your business respond to your customers; below are a few of the best.
- Be Timely: Often consumers have questions that require a faster response. Most social media communities use push notifications and email alerts to notify you about questions or comments coming from customers.
- Avoid Auto response: Automated responses are generic and don’t provide a full answer to consumer questions.
- Keep it Professional: While many businesses use a casual voice on their social media pages, the tone is still very professional.
- Thank your customers: Show appreciation to your customers in unique ways to thank them for their engagement and feedback. Beyond words of appreciation, many companies use social media promoted sales and giveaways to say thank you to customers on the page.
- Keep It Short: Clear and concise messages help your customers navigate through their social media news feeds and will draw interest in communicating with your business among other social media users. Not to mention, it will make your job easier.
Social media management is a large part of a successful social media campaign. Similar to your personal social media pages, there is an expectation for engagement among users.
Keep it simple and respond the way you would hope a friend would respond; quickly, honestly, and with a human touch. Social Media Management is a great part of an Inbound Marketing Plan that can be created by JASE. Create a solution that works best for your business.
image credit: by JASE Group on flickr