What is a quick way for a retail company to lose a potential customer? Answer: To have a website that is not mobile-friendly. If your target audience is primarily mobile users, a website that is not optimized for smartphone use is like slamming a door in your customer’s face. Once they get a poor impression of your company they rarely return. Google recently released the study “What Users Want Most From Mobile Sites Today“. The study surveyed 1,088 adult smartphone users on their mobile web use.
What Users Want Most From Mobile Sites Today Survey Highlights:
- 61 percent of people said that they’d quickly move on to another website if they didn’t find what they were looking for right away on a mobile website.
- Nearly 75 percent of users prefer a mobile-friendly website.
- 74 percent of people say they’re more likely to return to a mobile-friendly website.
- 67 percent of mobile users say they’re more likely to buy a company’s product or service if their website is mobile-friendly.
- 48 percent of survey respondents said that if a website didn’t work well on their smartphones, it made them feel like the company didn’t care about their business.
For many companies the first introduction to a potential client is through their mobile website. Like first-time introductions, you have just seconds to make a lasting impression with your mobile web presence in B2C marketing. One bad experience not only equates to a negative impression by a potential sales lead, but it also drives customers to your competitors.
Is your mobile web presence positively reflecting your company’s products and services? JASE Group specializes in mobile web design and development. Contact us to help craft your online brand strategy.
image credit: slicmarketing on Flickr