As Hampton Roads residents we are all aware of the destructive power of hurricanes and there is no doubt that many of us remember the devastating effects of hurricane Isabelle. Well, hurricane season is here again and we are bracing ourselves to prepare for our first hurricane of 2011, Hurricane Irene.
We thought we’d take a second to provide some helpful tips and information, just to make sure you have all the bases covered before the storm hits.
Hurricane Emergency Action List:
- Have at least a 3-day supply of water (one gallon per person, per day)
- Have at least a 3-day supply of non-perishable food
- Have at least one change of clothing and shoes per person
- Have One blanket or sleeping bag per person
- Prepare a first-aid kit
- Have a battery-powered NWR and a portable radio
- Have several flashlights with extra batteries
- Have an extra set of car keys
- Have your credit cards and cash on hand
- Prepare special items for infants, elderly or disabled family members
- Have your prescription and non-prescription medicines
- Have your pet supplies, including carrier, leash, food, tags and licenses
- Fill your car(s) with gas as soon as possible
I-64 Evacuation Reversal Plan
Links To Available City Information
As always stay tuned to the local news stations Wavy 10, WVEC 13, WTKR 3 for up to the minute forecasts, evacuations, and news. Please take these events seriously and follow all given instructions. If you have second thoughts and you have alternate options please evacuate to safety.
Please be smart and safe this weekend and we’ll see you on the other side – Your JASE Family.
image credit: Weather.com
|Subscribe to our RSS Feed Today!|
|RSS Feed||Daily Email|