Ahh, May is here, the flowers are in bloom, and we are one month closer to summertime. The weekend is almost upon us and if you haven’t made plans yet check out some of these great events going on around Hampton Roads:
- Lunatic Luau 12 – Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach – Virginia Beach – FM99 presents “Lunatic Luau 12 – The Resurrection” with some of the top names in the rock music scene. Scheduled to appear: Shinedown, Five Finger Death Punch, Slash, Halestorm, Art of Dying, P.O.D., Adelita’s Way, and many more.
- Cinco de Mayo – Towne Bank Fountain Park – Norfolk – Come celebrate the Mexican holiday as we kick off the party a day early in Downtown Norfolk along the Elizabeth River! Feast on authentic foods served up at Omar’s Fountain Café! Wash it all down with themed specialty adult drinks, including margaritas and frosty beverages that will be available for purchase. Guests will enjoy the spirit of Cinco de Mayo all night long. *
- Chesapeake Restaurant Week – Chesapeake – Chesapeake’s first ever restaurant week. Come out to participating restaurants and support Chesapeake Public Schools.
- PFAC’s Free Admission Weekend – Peninsula Fine Arts Center – Newport News – On Saturday families can enjoy art activities to get young artists opportunity to try various art forms to get ready for some Summer ARTventures.
On Sunday, visitors can tour the exhibitions on their own and experience self-guided art activities in the Hands On For Kids gallery. **
- Saturday Summer Street Fest – Downtown Hampton – Hampton – Hampton takes to the streets every Saturday night for a fun-filled street fest featuring live musical entertainment, cold refreshments, and plenty of activities for the young and old. ***
If you happen to make it out to one of these events, leave JASE a comment below, and let us know how it was. As always, please feel free to share this article with friends.