Hampton Roads is festival weekend this weekend. We have a bounty of great festivals happening all over the area. If you have not made plans, check out these events:
- Neptune Festival International Spring Wine Festival – 31st Street Park – Virginia Beach – Save the packing, the passports, and the jetlag…Travel the world with Neptune Festival’s International Spring Wine Festival! 31st Street Park is transformed into a hub of tasting stations from around the world with wines from 9 countries, each featuring blends and styles that are sure to ignite the traveler in you. *
- Chesapeake Jubilee – Chesapeake City Park – Chesapeake – The 2012 Chesapeake Jubilee kicks off Thursday, May 17th. Fun-filled amusements and carnival rides provided by Amusements of America; Live Entertainment; Chesapeake 4-H Livestock Club Show and Sale; Kansas City Barbecue Society-sanctioned BBQ Cook-off; spectacular fireworks by Zambelli fireworks; popular Kids Korner with rides and special projects for the kiddies. **
- Virginia Beer Festival – Town Point Park – Norfolk – For the 11th year Norfolk Festevents and The Virginia Arts Festival are partnering together to produce the ever popular Virginia Beer Festival. With over 65 breweries contributing to the bounty, festival goers will appreciate the open layout of Town Point Park and easy access to parking in nearby garages. Local favorites House on Fire will provide the entertainment with their medley of classic and southern rock, funk and blues. ***
- Beach Party Bash – Peninsula Fine Arts Center – Newport News – This one is for the teenagers! Haven’t been able to make it to the beach this year? No problem! Just come to our Beach Party Bash on the shores of the Pfac! There may not be sand and surf, but you’ll feel like you’re having fun in the sun! There will be a Wii and X-box Game lounge. Music by DJ-Daddy! Plus enjoy some tropical drinks and food that will transport you to the islands. If you plan to don your flip-flops and join the fun, just let us know! ****
- Williamsburg Farmers Market – Merchants Square – Williamsburg – Come out to get the freshest produce, seafood, flowers, meats, and cheeses possible! While you’re there, shop historic Williamsburg as well.
If you happen to make it out to one of these great events, leave JASE a comment below, and let us know how it was. As always, please feel free to share this article with friends.