April is ending and the weather has not been very spring like here lately, but May is just around the corner and maybe we’ll get some warmer temps. Another weekend is upon us and if you have not made any plans take a look at some of these great events going on around Hampton Roads:
- 2012 DockDogs Pet Lovers’ Extravaganza – Care-A-Lot – Virginia Beach – All weekend, April 27-29, there will be activities galore. Bounce houses, food, sales, contests, you name it and it’s there. All of this is highlighted by the DockDogs Big Wave competition. Bring out the family and the pooch for a fun-filled weekend.
- Virginia International Tattoo – Norfolk Scope – Norfolk – The Virginia Arts Festival’s spectacular Virginia International Tattoo performances will once again inspire audiences, leaving them with a renewed sense of pride and optimism. The Virginia International Tattoo invites military and non-military bands, drill teams, bag pipe and drum bands, highland dancers and more from around the globe to create a unified and extraordinary performance. *
- Death By Disco – Mystery Dinner Playhouse – Williamsburg – Welcome to The Land of Oz Discoteria, and the World Championship King and Queen of Disco Dance Contest! What a night this should be. Our finalists will be bumping to that disco beat, each and every one of them hoping to be crowned the new monarch of the light fantastic. Our DJ, The Boogie Man, is going to be spinning some killer tunes, so put on your polyester, and your platform shoes, ’cause one of our contestants will Cha-Cha right into the chain gang as murder erupts in this ’70’s disco mystery! **
- Nike Boys Invitational Tournament – Boo Williams Sportsplex – Hampton – Come check out some of the up and coming young basketball players, ages 15-17U, as they battle it out at the Sportsplex.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra: Beethoven’s Last Night – Hampton Coliseum – Hampton – Come experience the tale of Beethoven’s Last Night on earth. Combining what happened with what might have happened, the story revolves around the tough choice that the composer must make with what will be his life’s legacy. ***
If you should make it out to one of these events, leave us a comment below and let JASE know how it was. As always, please feel free to share this article with friends.