As Internet marketing continues to evolve and the fanaticism of social media continues to grow, many business owners constantly face the challenging question of whether or not to get involved with Twitter. It might be easier for a small business owner to see the value of Facebook and make the decision to opt for one over the other, if not using both. But let’s look at the facts first.
Thanks to guys at Social Media Examiner, here are a few interesting facts from their recent study that might give clarity to your question of “Is Twitter right for you?”
1. There are 75 Million Twitter users worldwide. Compared to Facebook’s incredible 600 Million users, it might not seem like much, but given Twitter’s ability to disperse information quickly, don’t discount its effectiveness.
2. Collectively, Twitter’s active user base generates 140 Million “tweets” per day. The volume of tweets generated is staggering, along with the explosion of tweets that follow a media event. The ability to gain exposure is significantly faster.
3. Roughly 7% of Americans are currently using Twitter. Even though Facebook is near 50%, Twitter is still in it’s infantile state and can expect to grow.
4. The average Twitter user has 27 followers. The average Facebook user, by comparison, has 130 friends.
5. Twitter users are more educated than the general population. 63% of Twitter users have a 4-year college degree or higher, as compared to only 40% of the general population. If your product/service/company is targeting a more educated customer, there’s a good chance they’re tweeting – or will be soon.
6. Twitter users have higher incomes than the general population. 47% of Twitter users earn $50k or more per year; 24% earn more than $75k. Compare that to 33% and 18% among the general population, respectively.
7. Twitter users tend to be “early adopters”. 19% of Twitter users are among the first to buy/try new products, compared to only 10% of the general population. An additional 25% of Twitter users buy/try new products before others (though not “first”) as compared to only 12% of the general population. So if you are a company introducing a new product or service, you can have a great chance of gaining interest.
8. Twitter plays an active role in purchasing decisions. 42% of Twitter users rely on this channel to learn about new products/services, and 41% of them share opinions about products/services via Twitter. The ease and ability to disseminate opinion is much easier.
9. 67% of Twitter users are more likely to buy brands that they “follow”. Whether interaction on Twitter is the cause of this greater allegiance or not is unclear—but it certainly seems that extra Twitter love doesn’t hurt.
10. Companies that use Twitter average 2x more leads per month than those that do not. If your target customer is educated, affluent, and tends to be an early adopter, this might be reason to invest time on Twitter.
For more information on how to effectively use Twitter or how it can benefit you, contact JASE Digital Media today.
|Enjoy Your 30-day Free Trial!|
|Learn how Inbound Marketing Software can help your business grow!|