Our buddies at Kuno Creative, an inbound marketing firm located in Ohio, recently published this list that is a must-follow for all small business owners. One of the biggest mistakes a business owner can make is to assume that just having a website on the world wide web will be advertising enough.
Chicken is the food that all unique foods get lumped into if the taste or texture is unknown, meaning it’s no different than anything else. This analogy can apply to your business if you don’t know what counts. If you are looking to explore the benefits an inbound marketing plan and you are a small business owner, you should start with this list to make sure it doesn’t describe you.
Kuno Creative’s Your inbound marketing might taste like chicken if. . .
- Your internet marketing efforts include no content marketing strategy
- A website and Facebook page represent the entirety of your web properties
- You have NO blog
- Blog posts are published less than three times per week
- You go on a social media hiatus for months at a time
- Google doesn’t know your website exists
- You invest in a fancy new website design with no calls to action (CTAs) or unique value propositions (UVPs)
- You expect people to land on your website and call you
- You’ve never heard of lead nurturing
- You’re positive social media is for kids
- Your PPC campaign links to your website’s home page
- You buy email lists
- Your Facebook business page is a personal account
- You buy spammy links for SEO
- You have no idea what your return on investment is
- You have no email list of prospects or customers
- The only landing page on your website is a contact us page or a newsletter signup page.
- You have no avatar on your Twitter account
- You brag about your website ranking in the top five for your company name
- Your social media campaign is fully automated
- Your page titles and meta data are all identical or missing
- You have a hit counter on your home page
- You have an AOL email address on your website
- You believe that if you just build a website “they” will come
- Your inbound marketing investment is a percentage of sales instead of a percentage of leads
This is a fantastic list created by the team at Kuno Creative illustrating that successful marketing is just as contingent on an effective strategy as any other aspect of your business.
Don’t let this list describe your business. For more help on how to become something other than chicken, contact the JASE Digital Media Inbound Marketing team today!
image credit: arndog on flickr
|Enjoy Your 30-day Free Trial!|
|Learn how Inbound Marketing Software can help your business grow!|