Content marketing is a significant part of the inbound marketing plans created by JASE Group. Through content marketing your target market receives your message, at the right time, and in various forms and mediums. Great content requires a balance of many things.
Luckily, a recent article in Mashable by Gilad de Vries, Vice president, Brands and Agencies at Outbrain, gives a list of the great work companies have accomplished in their content marketing efforts. Here is the list:
- Don’t skimp on design: General Electric (GE) has created content on their website that perfectly accompanies the design of the website. The rule should be to create something that stands out to the consumer in the design, but also provides great content.
- Use Multimedia: There are numerous technologies available that allow us to create video, picture slide-shows, and music playlists. Each of these forms of multimedia can be used to deliver your content in a creative and engaging format.
- Don’t force the sales pitch: Mix up your content with information your consumers and followers would read even if they weren’t interested in your product or service. Include information about the community you provide services for and issues that relate to members of the community.
- Strike a balance: Create a balance between professional and consumer generated content. Make sure to provide users with opportunities to share content with you and other consumers through guest blog opportunities and user submitted postings on your website or blog.
- Don’t leave dead ends: Throughout the content you provide make sure to include various links to encourage additional reading. If you have already drawn the interest of the reader keep them going by sharing more.
- Make sharing easy: Make sure those who enjoy your content are able to share it friends and others in their industry.
- Remember offline marketing efforts: Continue to emphasize offline marketing and reiterate what your brand is about based on your online content.
At times, the idea of content marketing can be overwhelming, but if you remain consistent in your efforts to reach out and engage with your consumers the results will be clear. Contact JASE for additional help with your content marketing needs. Thanks and happy content marketing.
image credit: by JASE Group on flickr