LinkedIn has rolled out several new updates to include revamping its mobile features on the iPhone, Android and iPad apps. According to a LinkedIn blog post, below are some of the new mobile features:
On iPhone and Android:
- Real-time notifications when someone likes what you’ve shared on LinkedIn, views your profile and accepts your invitation.
- Find out which connections work at the companies you care about, see recent news and updates from the company and learn about current job openings.
- Access to job listings and jobs you may be interested in directly within your mobile update stream.
On the iPad:
- Apps can be launched in French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, with more languages to come.
- Notifications and Company Pages: Also available on iPad.
With over 50 percent of cell phone owners now using smartphones, much of the web content that consumers access is from their mobile device. Companies should put just as much strategic planning and focus in their mobile marketing presence, as they do in other aspects of their marketing plan.
image credit: Shekarsahu on Flickr
info credit: LinkedIn