Chatter about your brand on social media networks and throughout traditional mediums can be great for your business, well at least while the conversation is positive. Monitoring what is being said about your brand throughout all different forums is becoming harder and more time consuming, but very necessary.
In public relations, monitoring your brand is a part of crisis communication planning. Understanding how to listen to what is being said about your brand will be helpful during a crisis. As for marketing, monitoring what is being said about your brand helps understand what marketing tactics are working and you learn how consumers respond to different tactics.
Ragan.com provided six key conversations to listen to during crisis communication. This list will help your organization stay aware of what is being said about your organization:
- Digital Media- Social media networks, blogs and the digital space: Know what’s being said because it spreads quickly.
- Traditional Media– Print, broadcast and other traditional formats: Beyond digital media still a reliable source of information for your consumers.
- Core Influencers: Who are the people who continue to share news about you, good or bad? Monitor their conversations since they seem invested in your brand.
- Internal: Employees are a great resource for anyone willing to listen since they know your business from the inside out.
- Competition: You better believe the competition is talking. What are they saying about you and the industry?
- Industry: What are leaders in your business’ industry saying about you and the overall industry.
Monitoring chatter about your brand is important for the health of your business. If you have any questions about social media monitoring and how it can help your brand’s overall marketing plan, contact JASE and determine how inbound marketing can help you.
image credit: by elasticcamel on flickr