When used with a solid business strategy, Twitter can be a leader in generating solid leads and traffic for your organization.
For several years now, Twitter has been the leading traffic generator to our blog and website of all of our social media networks. JASE is very active on Twitter, Facebook, FriendFeed, YouTube, Flickr, Foursquare, and several other social communities. Twitter leads them all in driving traffic back home.
How can Twitter help you drive traffic to your website and blog?
- Publish your blog articles to Twitter. Use Twitter’s 140-character limit smart by filling it with related SEO friendly keywords and a link back to your blog article.
- Don’t be afraid to use Twitter creatively. You don’t have to be like everyone else. There are no rules in social media. It’s okay to use Twitter as a broadcast tool for the great information you publish on your website.
- Build a network on Twitter. View the users of Twitter as a new set of sponges that are anxiously awaiting to absorb new information you have to talk about. Build that network by friending people that tweet about what you have to say.
- Publish supplemental information. Find resources on the web in your industry of interest to your organization. Publish that information in your Twitter timeline. If you are interested in that information, certainly your sponges will be also.
- Use third-party tools. Internally, we use HootSuite and Seesmic. There are others but we find these two tools very useful in enhancing the effectiveness of our Twitter campaigns.
New to the online marketing world? New to Twitter? Not sure how to get the most out of Twitter? Contact JASE and let us help you create your social media presence. As always, please feel free to share our content with your friends.
image credit: Fanie! on flickr