Twitter is slowly rolling out its beta version of their advertising program. Currently the program is available to only 25% of Twitter users, but in a letter to prospective advertisers, it highlighted some of the reasons to advertise with Twitter and some of the associated costs.
Reasons to advertise with Twitter:
- 100+ million users, over 250+ million tweets per day.
- Strong engagement rate for all promoted products
- Access to Analytics Dashboard with tweet-level performance data.
- Verification of your company’s Twitter account.
- Existing users are already seeing 15x the impression volume compared to promoted tweets.
Costs & Qualifications to advertise with Twitter:
- Cost-per-follower = $2.50 – $4.00
- Cost-per-engagement = $0.75 – $2.50
- Twitter will have auctions for both CPF and CPE
- Must make a 3 month commitment
- $15k – $25k commitment
- Established Twitter presence; at least 50 tweets per account, and previous experience running SEM & Facebook campaigns
From a cost standpoint this certainly seems like a steep price for medium to small businesses to advertise for a beta program. For the large companies with mega Twitter followings this will be a slam dunk for social media marketing purposes. Time will tell the effectiveness with the program, but early results seem favorable.
Will your company advertise with Twitter? Tweet us @jasegroup and let us know.
image credit: Rosaura Ochoa on flickr