Good Monday morning everyone. I hope you had a fun weekend. I would love to hear at @parnellk63 what excited you. Our weekend excitement? House of Cards, of course. 🙂 Considering that last week was another snowy #HRVA adventure, our week was still jam-packed at the JASE Studio.
Sunday, February 22nd
- We celebrated Sydni’s (the “SE” in “JASE”) 18th birthday with family over brunch at Shipwreck Sally’s in Ocean View. There were 14 of us singing Happy Birthday to Sydni at the top of our lungs in front of the many diners. She was thoroughly embarrassed–mission accomplished.
Monday, February 23rd
- First thing Monday morning Cameron and I were greeted at the Studio with the smiling face of Russ Gilbert, of The Dirty Buffalo fame. We talked snow from the previous week, his young son that Russ loves to brag on (totally understand!) , the upcoming sprouting-of-wings of TDB into the digital world, and several other hot topics in the #HRVA restaurant world. Overall, this was a fun conversation and a nice way to start the work week.
- We heard from one of our business partners, Brian MacKeil at Fleet Printing, on a print job they are working up for us. Denise’s creative talents shown through amazingly on a 6×9 handout design as part of a complete rebranding project for First Choice Nurses (new website by JASE coming soon) and Peyton Lex. They are going to be so pleased.
- Later that evening Nicole and I got to enjoy the rest of her December birthday present–an evening with Harry Connick, Jr.–at the Ferguson Center in Newport News. We rode over with our friends Dennis & Mary and had a pre-concert dinner at Salsa’s Mexican joint in City Center. We had a fun evening, and of course Nicole loved seeing Harry again.
Tuesday, February 24th
- Tuesday morning tech-time began early with a conference call David had with Mark Ramm of TRL, a long-time client of JASE. We have ben providing .NET programming services for Mark’s team for over 8 years and love having them as a client.
Wednesday, February 25th
- Wednesday was video shoot day. Cameron and I went on-set at WHRO Studios with our client, Cosmopolitan Club of Norfolk, Congressman Dr. Bill Whitehurst, and City Councilman W. Randy Wright. We were able to coordinate an interview on Bob Batcher’s TV show, Norfolk Perspectives. What fun! Dr. Bill is such a hoot.
- Nicole declared Wednesday evening wine time. Just another reason that I love her. 🙂 We are members of the Mermaid Winery wine club which hosted a free monthly wine tasting after work. We enjoyed the tasting with our friend Matt Tanana (a Norfolk Southern shining star) and then dinner from Mermaid’s new menu.
Thursday, February 26th
- SNOW DAY! Yep, another solid snow day in #HRVA. The Studio was closed but that didn’t mean, no work. Internal projects from the homestead were the tasks of the day for everyone in between building snowmen and snow angels.
Friday, February 27th
- I met with our company’s local bankers from BB&T, Carin Schneller-Carr and Vivian Parker. These ladies are fun to chat with. BB&T is lucky to have them. Oh, and Carin delivered Girl Scout cookies to us. Cha-ching!
- Friday evening was House of Cards night. We picked up take-out from Supper Southern Morsels, drank mint juleps (celebrating the southern thang), and watched the first three episodes of season 3 with our friends Brian and Jen Swets.
Be sure to catch up on one of our newest hot projects–JASE Restaurants. If you or a friend is a restaurant owner, you’ll want to check out this digital marketing package priced perfectly for local restaurants.
I hope you have a fun week. Let’s grab coffee soon so I can catch up on your adventures. We have the Keurig ready for you.
Your friend in Christ,