Happy Monday, friends. I hope your weekend was eventful and enjoyable. Mine? March Madness! 🙂 What an exciting time of the year for a sports fan. I’d love to hear what you did over the weekend–tweet me here and let me know.
Monday, March 16th
- Cameron worked on content marketing a bit on Monday for a couple of fun clients: Janney Insurance Agency of Yorktown & Chesapeake and Gordy EyeCare of Phenix City, AL. You know by now this world we live in. Content marketing, generating awesome content, is today’s SEO. Yep, it’s that important to Google and Bing.
- Cameron also visited our partners at Fleet Printing to approve a 6×9 postcard proof for our new JASE Restaurant initiative. We should be getting the postcards in this week. Exciting.
- Denise and Cameron continued work on April ad concepts for Nathan Segal of Nathan’s Lynnhaven Pawn Shop in Virginia Beach. I can’t wait to see the new designs.
- I was out of the office all day on Monday. Nicole’s Nanny is having serious health issues. We visited her down in Rocky Mount, NC so we could spend some personal time with her. Thank you again for all of your prayers and kind words.
Tuesday, March 17th
- Russ Gilbert from The Dirty Buffalo in Norfolk stopped by the Studio to talk details of our new partnership. He and Stephanie are a fun couple, not to mention their special-sauce buffalo wings are dynamite.
- Nicole and I spent the late afternoon and early evening celebrating St. Paddy’s Day with our favorite bar-keep, Holly Rogers, at A.W. Shucks. Shucks, right here in Ghent, is a highly recommended spot for the best seafood in town. John Boggs has a hit on his hands with this joint.
Wednesday, March 18th
- Cameron went to the Ghent Business Association’s morning schmooze social event at the new YMCA on Granby Street in Norfolk. It’s always fun hangin’ out and sharing experiences with our local business friends.
- Cameron had a busy week while I was a bit out of the loop. He met with Jennifer Eichert of Mermaid Winery and reported back how fun she is to chat with on local advertising and business strategies.
Thursday, March 19th
- Our development team continued working with Mark Parnell of Mark Pressed4Time fame in Hampton. We have run several recent email campaigns for them that were very, very successful and continue to architect several other ideas that will certainly be as fruitful. It’s great working with a client that trusts our creative advice and then have initiatives that generate a huge return for them.
- Wo! Have you checked out the updated version of our JASE corporate logo? I’ve tacked it onto this social message below, but be sure to check it out on our website. It looks amazing.
- I took Cameron as my guest to our Cosmopolitan Club of Norfolk’s luncheon at the Norfolk Yacht & Country Club. Fighting diabetes with this fun group of people is a passion that I enjoy satisfying.
- Cameron and I took off the afternoon and met friends Brian and Tom at Cogan’s North in Norfolk. Why, you ask? I’ll tell you why–March Madness! We spent the afternoon yelling at the big screens with many others enjoying college basketball. Fun.
Friday, March 20th
- Our creative team met for a bit a Friday to discuss a few ideas and challenges presented to us by our client, Janney Insurance Agency. More on this upcoming project later.
- The marketing team ran through pay-per-click maintenance steps for clients Nathan’s Lynnhaven Pawn Shop, Janney Insurance Agency, and Dragas Companies in Virginia Beach. The complexity of running successful PPC campaigns is something that I’m proud to see say our team has mastered. It’s fun to watch success for our clients in action.
- The development team worked on a couple of different ad campaigns for Dragas Companies creating supporting landing pages for marketing success measuring. The keyword there is success.
- Cameron led creative discussions on Friday afternoon for an upcoming website redesign for our client First Choice Nurses of Virginia Beach and Richmond. This is going to be another very fun project working with Peyton Lex and his team.
- Nicole and I had dinner with our friends Jon and Christie at La Bella in Ghent. I love supporting local, especially for cool friends like restaurant owners Chef Andrea and Marti Dicarlo.
I hope you guys have a great rest of the week. Keep your chin up, your eyes bright, and your ears open–you never know when a juicy bit of knowledge will come flying at you. Stop in for coffee at the studio. I’m available any time and at your service.
Your friend in Christ,