Happy hump day friends. My apologies for being a bit late with our weekly recap. We’ve been dealing with a tough illness in Nicole’s family the last few days, so I’ve been a bit out of the loop. If I miss you this week, we’ll connect next week when things settle down. What have you been up to? I’ve been getting a few updates from you guys at @parnellk63 and would love to hear more!
Monday, March 9th
- Cameron worked a bit on Monday on content marketing and SEO for two of our clients: Gordy EyeCare and Janney Insurance. In a world where content is king, strategic social articles are imperative for electronic success.
- Several members of our creative team continued their good work on collateral design for our new JASE Restaurants initiative. Man, the designs look dynamite! I can’t wait to show them off.
- Our tech team closed a mini project where we integrated the WordPress admin panel into our JASE Office Social App. The so-what of that is, now our clients have one place to login to work all of their social initiatives including blogging, Facebooking, Tweeting, etc.
- Sally Horvath of Dragas Management Company had us do a few updates to their website to keep the content current on their new condominium communities. Our developers have done outstanding work for Dragas over the years and continue to do so today.
Tuesday, March 10th
- I attended the Cox Business Executive Discussion Breakfast at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott early Tuesday morning. The topic of discussion was Transportation in Hampton Roads, and the panel of speakers included William E. Harrell, CEO of Hampton Roads Transit, Dr. Camelia Ravanbakht, Executive Director of HRTPO, and Aubrey Layne, Virginia Secretary of Transportation.
- I also received an unexpected and welcomed visit at the Studio from Will Christopher, President of HRPTA.
Wednesday, March 11th
- David and Mark Ramm had their bi-weekly update conference call on the .NET work we’re doing for TRL, Inc.
- I visited our friends and Ghent neighbors, TechFix Repair Center, to drop off one of our iPhones and an iPad for glass repair. These guys do great work–and are affordable. Visit them on 21st street in Norfolk when you need electronic equipment repair.
- Thanks to Walt’s and Sue’s hard work, we delivered another fabulous ad concept to Sally Horvath at Dragas Management Company. This medium production was for a Crofton Village @ Spence Crossing condominium community Virginian-Pilot Home Search Magazine ad. Check it out in your grocery store’s news stand.
- I did happy hour with a few buddies at Yard House in Virginia Beach on Wednesday. Lotta fun catching up with Frank, Tom and Mike.
Thursday, March 12th
- We had a Ghent Business Association marketing committee meeting at Ronald McDonald House on Thursday morning. This is a fun group to be a part of: Jennifer McDonald (VEER Magazine), Elyse Brown (Ronald McDonald House Charities Norfolk), Ashley Huber (Changes Hairstyling & City Spa), Laurie Harrison (EVMS), Kristen Ricks (Pilot Media).
- Our developers made a few website updates for Karla Muro of Hampton Mental Health Associates. These guys have been a fun client for us for a long time.
- Cameron made a visit over to our friends at Fleet Printing on Thursday. He worked with Brian MacKeil to put a portion of our JASE Restaurants collateral into production. Awesome!
Friday, March 13th
- Yep, Friday the 13th, it was. No worries though–we beat down the myth. 🙂
- A group us went to the Shamrockin’ In Ghent festival Friday evening, organized by the Hope House Foundation. Hope House does amazing work supporting adults with intellectual disabilities. After the festival we scurried into No Frill Bar & Grill for dinner with our friends Tom & Jane once the rain began.
Sunday, March 15th
- Nicole and I had brunch with Christie, Dennis and Mary on Sunday at Lubo Wine Bar in Virginia Beach. What a great local spot in the Chick’s Beach area–just wish it was a bit closer to us.
As usual, I have to give a plug to our newest initiative, JASE Restaurants. We’ve been honored with a couple of new clients already and would love to see you or your favorite restaurant hop onboard.
I hope you guys have a great rest of the week. Keep your chin up, your eyes bright, and your ears open–you never know when a juicy bit of knowledge will come flying at you. Stop in for coffee. I’m available any time.
Your friend in Christ,